Learning crochet has changed my life completely. It gave me a creative outlet for my stress and improved my self-confidence a lot. I can call it a ” Life-changing art of crochet” if you may. If you are reading this, probably you want to start crocheting or you have been gifted with yarn/hooks, whatever it may be you are in right place to start your crochet journey.
I am so happy that you decided to choose Nurocrochets to start your creative journey. Happy learning!
Tips to make your learning journey easier than it ever was!
- If you are a beginner, choose a thicker yarn (Aran, worsted weight) and a big hook (5.00 mm or 6.00 mm) to make it easy for yourself.
- Use Light color yarn (like white, pink, peach) than dark color yarn (like black).
- Learn how to hold the yarn and hook properly. Though it may take a while to get a proper hold, it will help you if you are a avid crocheter.
- Maintain proper tension to make beautiful stitches. Learning to have a good grasp on how much tension, will help when you start using thin threads for lace making and jewelry making.
- Keep a separate pouch / bag for hooks storage. This helps a lot especially if you have toddlers who knocks everything down.
- Practice makes everything perfect; well almost, no one starts as a master, everyone starts as a student. Then, they develop their own style.
I hope to add a few more tips in the future. Let’s start.
These videos explain step by step process of how to do basic crochet stitches.
How to make a Slip knot, Chain stitch, and Single crochet
How to make a Half double crochet, and Double crochet
How to make a Treble crochet, and Double treble crochet
How to make a Magic ring, and Slip stitch
These are some of the basic crochet stitches, I use to make my micro crochet inspired crochet jewelry.
I hope it helped you!
Thanks for reading. Let me know your thoughts in the comments.
(c) All rights reserved.
This pattern is an original pattern by Nuzrath Hameedha of Nurocrochets. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but please DO NOT sell the pattern or distribute it.